Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 5% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on February 5th. One Monero coin can now be bought for approximately $247.18 or 0.02783690 BTC on major exchanges including Exmo, Abucoins, SouthXchange and Tux Exchange. In the last week, Monero has traded 40% higher against the dollar. Monero has a total market capitalization of $3.88 billion and approximately $47.02 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000054 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0221 or 0.00000249 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.03 or 0.00034167 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.67 or 0.00019000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.89 or 0.00032904 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00012250 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0107 or 0.00000121 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded up 26.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002729 BTC.
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,714,541 coins. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, Coinroom, Exmo, BTC-Alpha, Livecoin, SouthXchange, Qryptos, Bisq, Bitfinex, LiteBit.eu, OKEx, Cryptox, Poloniex, Mercatox, Kraken, Bittrex, Binance, Braziliex, HitBTC, Upbit, Cryptomate, Gate.io, Bithumb, Abucoins, Tux Exchange and Exrates. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.